Video chat apps: The days of holding a phone conference are over. Today, it’s all about video chat apps. As mobile data network service becomes faster with new 3G & 4G technology, more and more people using their mobile device for video chat. Video chat on smartphones has come a long way in a relatively short amount of time, and the tools available for Android have matured from gimmicky to genuinely useful. Most of the new smartphone now features a front-facing camera, and with blazing fast internet connection. imessage on pc
Free Video Chat Apps for Android
Take a look of best video chat apps for android.
Google Hangouts – video chat apps
Google Hangouts is an instant messaging and video chat apps platform developed by Google. It replaces three messaging products that Google had implemented concurrently within its services, including Google Talk, Google+ Messenger (formerly: Huddle), and Hangouts, a video chat system present within Google+. Google has also stated that Hangouts is designed to be “the future” of its telephony product, Google Voice, and integrated some of the capabilities of Google Voice into Hangouts. In current versions of Android, Hangouts is the default application for text messaging.
- Places video calls to desktop and other mobile devices over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi
- Supports group video calls with up to 10 other people
- Synchronizes your Hangouts and their history across devices so you can see what you talked about in the past, and review shared photos, links, or other media
- All video calls to other users are free (excluding data charges)
- Supports front and rear-facing cameras
- Supports call to mobile and landline numbers via Google Voice (or right through Hangouts in iOS)
- Supports Bluetooth and wired headsets for audio
- Supports chat, SMS, MMS, group SMS and MMS, video and picture sharing, animated GIFs, emoji, and more
- Supports location sharing
- Integrates with Google+
Download Hangouts for Android: Hangouts
Download Hangouts for iOS: Hangouts
Facetime is the another best video chatting app for iphone. if you are an Apple user then you must be aware of Facetime application. It was released with their newly developed iPhone 4 in 2010. This is an amazing app for video conference. This app helped you to connect with your friends and family at face to face. With the help of your device front camera facetime app always focus on your face up to your arm’s length. With FaceTime you will always say hello to all your friends who are also using Facetime app on any of their compatible gadget. The only requirement for proper functioning of this application is Wi-Fi or any high speed internet connection. The app completely free of cost.
Feature of FaceTime App
The app is the default video calling app for iPhone and iPad. This is amazing app which connected you with your friends and family at free. So let’s see some amazing features of this app.
- Facetime is a user friendly app and easy to use.
- You can make video conference with group of your friends and family member.
- Facetime is a pre-installed App on Apple devices.
- User can download Facetime on your device for free.
- Better UI Design to match user preference and likeness.
- Facetime connects with your friends and family.
FaceTime for iphone: FaceTime
Viber – video chat apps
Viber is the one of the best video chat apps after Google hangout. Viber is compatible with and optimized for Android tablets. With Viber, everyone in the world can connect. Freely. More than 400 million Viber users text, call, and send photo and video messages worldwide over Wifi or 3G – for free. Viber Out can be used to make calls to non-Viber mobile and landline numbers at low rates. Viber is available for many smartphones and platforms. On Viber, your phone number is your ID. The app syncs with your mobile contact list, automatically detecting which of your contacts have Viber.
- Make free calls with HD sound quality
- Photo sharing, video messages, voice messages, locations, stickers and emoticons
- Groups with up to 100 participants
- Download stickers from the Sticker Market, making messaging fun!
- Ability to sort and reorder stickers
- Push notifications guarantee that you never miss a message or call, even when Viber is off
- Integration with native contact list for calls and messages
- Support for the Viber Desktop application on Windows and Mac
Download Viber for Android: Viber
Download Viber for iOS: Viber
Skype – video chat apps
Skype is one of the best free video chat apps available on all major platforms including Android. Most of you may have familiar with Skype, which has been around for a long time. The app supports both the front facing and the rear camera for absolutely no charge. You can make video calls on your Android phone using Skype to Skype. Apart from video calling, you can also make voice calls and phone calls to landlines and other mobile numbers using Skype credits at a very cheap rate.
Other Skype features:
- Send and receive instant messages for free.
- Send photos, videos and files of any size for free.
- Share your special moments with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
Download Skype for Android: Skype
Download Skype for iOS: Skype
ooVoo – Video Call, Text & Voice
OoVoo is amazing app for video chatting. With ooVoo you can make free high quality video calls, voice calls, and send text messages to easily connect to your friends and family around the world. Make clear and crisp video calls with up to 12 people on a group video call. This app contain Amazing audio during a call – echo cancellation and crystal clear audio to make you always sound great. ooVoo works with your Wifi network or data plan to make sure all your calls and texts are free.
Fring – video chat apps
Fring is still a strong alternative video chat apps after viber, line. Fring supports group video chat, it’s cross-platform, it allows you to register with your mobile phone number instead of forcing you into another account you may or may
not use, and it also supports free texting, picture and video messaging, and cheap calls to landline phones. It’s not quite as feature-packed as the others, but it does focus on the core basics.
Camfrog is a cross-platform worldwide video chat community with millions of active users in thousands of video chat rooms. Video chat with anyone in the Camfrog community whether they’re on an iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android, Mac or PC. Camfrog’s video chat service does more than just connect you with your friends and family. The app gives you the ability to connect with complete strangers in thousands of different chat rooms, each catered toward a different set of users and topics (video games, outdoors, specific regions).
Line – video chat apps
Line is one of the most popular instant video chat apps, which has over 380 million users worldwide and is available on all major mobile OS platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry. The app has now supported video calls that allow you to communicate face to face with your friends and family. That video calls will be supported over both Wi-Fi and 3G networks and users can also switch between video and voice anytime
during the call. The interesting feature of the Line is that you can add friends in various ways, such as shake it together to add the friend or exchange your ID via QR code.
Other Line features:
- You can update your friends about what you’ve been doing lately using text, photos, movies, stickers and even location info.
- You’ll find hilarious and fun stickers featuring famous characters from all over the world!
Download Line for Android: Line
Download Line for iOS: Line
Tango – video chat apps
Tango is also one of the best video chat apps for Android. It supports high quality video & phone calls for FREE to other Tango users on Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and Windows desktops. You place regular voice calls and switch to video calls when you want to share something, and supports text, picture, and video sharing—not to mention audio sharing via Spotify. Video calls quality could be better and doesn’t seem to have improved terribly much as cameras have improved, but it’s definitely serviceable. Unlike other video calling apps, Tango does not require you to sign in, making it easier for you to communicate with your friends and family. Tango also focused on social networking where you can send personalized messages with fun animations, share photos and even challenge your friends in games during calls. This app is available for Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
Other Tango features:
- Listen & share songs clips powered by Spotify
- Edit your photos & share with friends
- Find all your pictures & videos in a central photo gallery
- Play a mini-game or share photos during a call
Download Tango for Android: Tango
Download Tango for iOS: Tango
Snapchat is the best alternative app of whatsapp. Snapchat was launched by Evan Spiegel, Reggie Brown in July, 2011. Now days Snapchat is a trending app. Using Snapchat you can share your voice messages, images, videos, drawing and a lot more.
Also with the help of this app you can make a face to face conversation by video calling. The best thing of this app is that user can set a time limit for viewing their snaps to the recipients after the of time limitation the Snap are automatically deleted. But Snapchat App is available on for Android and iOS platform only.
These are some of the free video chat apps for Android which we think are the best for making video calls. Though you can download them for free, but using them will eat up a lot of your data plan. So, beware of your data limit or use them over Wi-Fi only.