We all know that windows 8 was a bad one but I am sure 8.1 was a grand success. When I tried to log on to my 8.1 pc to some weird reason, several apps on my pc blank up that it would not connect to the Internet and it cannot connect to the Windows Store. I was definitely connected to the Internet because I could check my mails using Chrome, so it was irony why it couldn’t connect to the windows Store or why certain apps could not work. I hate this “We Weren’t Able to Connect to the Store” Error when it covers my screen
recently, I Googled it and heard them talking regarding this, however all the same old ways for fixing this drawback haven’t worked: checking the date/time on your laptop, using the netsh and wsreset commands, employing a native account rather than a web account and making an attempt to refresh your computer. I had actually tried most of those options because it happened to be once before i also tried running wsreset, which seemed to have worked for a minute, after it blank up the same old message:
However, none of the options found on Google worked. After so many freaky experiments I finally figured out that it had something simple to do with the Live account(outlook), what we are going to do is account must to be verified and then everything will start working like before. In my live id, the account was verified, but I had two-step verification enabled (soooo boring) where I had to type my authenticator code in.
Fix “We Weren’t Able To Connect To The Store” Error
Method 1 – Authorise
- Start the task by going to Settings on your windows8 or 8.1 pc by moving your cursor to the right side of the screen. Then tap on Change PC Settings at the bottom of very screen.
- Now tap on Accounts in the left side menu.
- Here is where you’ll see the critical info what is causing trouble on the Windows Store. If it’s a mail verification problem, you’ll see “You need to verify your account.” under your email address. Otherwise it’ll blink up Disconnect. If you have two-step verification enabled on your mail, the pop up says “You need to update some info for your Microsoft account” with a link called Update info.
- Click on that Update info link and it’ll bring you to a screen where you have to enter the code generated from your authenticator app.
Method 2 – Check Date & Time
If the first step didn’t really work out then this step is to do is make sure the date and time on your Windows 8 PC is set correctly. You will not be able to hook up with the store if your system time isn’t correct. You’ll fix the time by opening the Charms bar (Windows Key + C) then typewriting in Date and Time.
Now you’ll be able to click modification date and time to line the system to the proper time. Also, ensure you’re set to the proper geographical zone additionally.
Or you can click on internet Time, click on amendment settings so click on Update now. This may automatically synchronies your pc with time.windows.com.
Then try to open the Windows Store and see if it is able to connect. It might!
Method 3– Log Off/Use Local Account
The next thing you’ll be able to strive is work off your account and so log back in, particularly if you’re employing a Microsoft account. Also, move to https://login.live.com/ and make certain you’ll be able to login along with your Microsoft credentials. If you’re bolted out for any reason like your account being hacked, etc, then you ought to restore access to your Microsoft account and so login again in Windows 8.
The other thing you’ll attempt is to change from a Microsoft account to an area account then attempt to open the Windows Store. you’ll do this by progressing to the Charms bar, clicking on Settings, then clicking on modification pc Settings then clicking on Users.
Method 4– Proxy Server
The other go you wish to try is that if your system is going through some proxy server. If it is, you’ll be able to try and disable the proxy server and see if that lets you connect to the shop.
- You’ll be able to do this by clicking on the gear icon at the highest right, then clicking on web options.
- Then tap on the Connections tab and click on the LAN Settings button.
- Go ahead and uncheck theUse a proxy server for your LAN box
- Now try to connect to the Windows Store. If not, keep reading.
Method 5 – Refresh Your PC
The last item you can do is refresh your computer. This can be not ideal as it will reset all of your apps from the Windows Store and take away any third-party programs you put in from a CD/DVD or the web. However, if nothing else is working, then this might be your only option.
You can move to computer and click on General. Scroll down and you’ll see Refresh your computer without losing your files. Happy browsing good luck.
This is the entire method to solve Windows 8 & 8.1 “We Weren’t Able To Connect To The Store” Error. This whole procedure takes five minutes to be completed. I hope this can be terribly useful for you. If you found this how to solve Windows 8 & 8.1 “We Weren’t Able To Connect To The Store” Error tutorial helpful for you then share your comments with us and share this article on social media along with your friends.