In android family Micromax YU Yureka is a new species which is already released in india market and also create a buzz. Micromax YU Yureka first sale began few days back on Jan 13th, where the smartphone was sold out in just 3 seconds on Amazon India. It come with 4G enabled phone running CyanogenMod 11, features decent specs and is available at an affordable price of Rs. 8,999. Yureka compiles a high-definition 5.5-inch Corning Gorilla Glass display (bye-bye scratches), a 13MP rear and 5MP front camera, 2 GB DDR3 RAM0, 16 GB internal storage, with a 1.5 GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 615 64-bit processor. If you are not satisfied with this feature or if you want to get full control on your Smartphone then you must to root your device. After rooting a device allows having lots of fun, it help to achieve most of the controls of the device. In fact, you can actually customize the device in your own way; tune it for best performance, fun with lots of powerful root applications, install CyanogenMod 12 which is latest rom and much more.
Many Micromax YU Yureka users already search in Google for getting easy rooting process. For solving those user problems we are here with a very easy process. To get the root access on the YU Yureka you need to unlock the bootloader and install recovery first. Here in this guide we’ll show you how you can do this in easier way. If you are the Micromax YU Yureka users and want to do the same on your phone, read all the instruction very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your device.
Pre-requisites for Unlock Bootloader and Instal CWM and Rooting
- Must know rooting is against manufacture terms and conditions and void device’s warranty. However, you don’t need to worry; un-root would take it back.
- Charge your device to at least 60% battery life to avoid any uncertain shutdowns during the process
- Make sure to enable the USB Debugging on your mobile, go to > settings -> developer options”, then check the USB debugging box to enable it.
- Take a complete Backup everything. Because this is a data losing process.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Micromax YU Yureka
- At first download the file ADB _Fastboot.zip and extract it to a folder on your desktop.
- Connect it to your PC using USB cable and, the LED present near at the camera will goes red.
- As soon as the LED glows keep the vol up button pressed. You will see the fastboot screen. Or you can do it later after opening Command prompt. See step 5.
- At this time open the command prompt windows on your ADB Fastboot folder. To doing it, from extracted Fastboot folder, run “Run Me” file and then, cmd command prompt will appear Or Hold Shift button and right click on the empty space of the folder and select “Open Command prompt window here”.
- Enter the following command to boot your device into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, it’s time to unlock the bootloader, enter the following command:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
- This may delete all your data including the internal memory. Your bootloader is now unlocked.
How to install the CWM recovery on Micromax YU Yureka
- Let the device reboot and then reboot into bootloader mode again using the command in step 5
- Now Download the CWM recovery here and save it on your ADB Fastboot folder. Here we share only CWM installation process.
- Enter the following command to flash the CWM recovery:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img
- Or if you want PhilZ recovery, enter:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery_yuphilz.img
- Or, enter the following command to flash TWRP recovery:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-tomato.img
- Type the command to reboot your device:
- You have successfully Install cwm recovery now
Root Micromax YU Yureka Android Smartphone
- For rooting your device you first Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip
- Now connect your Micromax YU Yureka Android Smartphone to pc using data cable
- Next transfer the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip file on your sd card
- Now this time to enter into CWM/TWRP recovery mode. To doing it Press and hold Vol UP + Vol Down + Power button to boot into CWM recovery mode.
- Tap on install zip and then on choose zip from /sdcard in CWM recovery.
- If you install TWRP recovery then tap to install browse to the location of UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip and select it.
- In CWM recovery, select yes when prompted to flash the file. And in TWRP recovery, swipe the button to start the flashing procedure.
- Now tap on reboot system now and you are done.
Reboot your device and once it gets up, look for SuperSu application. Get it, you’ve successfully rooted your Micromax Yureka and installed CWM recovery on it.
That’s it now you have been successful to unlock bootloader, install CWM/TWRP/Philz recovery and root Micromax YU Yureka Android Smartphone. Now you are free to install any app, it doesn’t matter whether, it requires root or not, you can install it. Have more fun with your device.
If you face any problem then leave a comment. I hope you like this article, if you like it than share it with your friends.